These baked Spicy Tenders with Ghost Pepper Flakes have become a family favorite. Perfect as an appetizer or game-day snack for those that love spicy food, Ghost Pepper Flakes add major heat! You might want to add a warning label next to these guys.
Ghost peppers have around 1,041,427 SHU! No longer the hottest pepper in the world, the ghost pepper has held the record, for 4 running years! If you eat too many and the heat is too hot try adding some ranch. The dairy dissolves the capsaicin, the part of the chili that produces heat.
We are using chicken breast, cut into bite-sized tender pieces. Chicken is easily accessible in grocery stores and is a good source of protein. Chicken is also high in selenium and other vitamins.
These spicy tenders aren’t just going to be a game day special but a pretty popular snack. Easy to put together, and unforgettable heat!
Spicy Tenders with Ghost Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Ghost Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a shallow dish or bake ware, combine flour, breadcrumbs, paprika, ghost pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine egg and hot sauce. Dip each piece of chicken in your hot sauce mixture then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it into the chicken.
- Place each piece on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes then flip them over.
- Make sure they are no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with additional ghost pepper flakes if desired and serve with ranch.
Did you enjoy these Ghost Pepper bites? Let us know in the comments.
Are you looking for other ways to add spicy peppers to your meals? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog for everyday recipes. We have ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!