Eggplant is one of the best foods to fry because of its various textures! The outside shell becomes nice golden brown and crispy, while the inside is a nice melted texture that warms the heart. However, fried food always goes best with something light and fresh. To offset the hearty fried eggplant schnitzel, we made some delicious fresh tomato salsa and put it right on top. We also added some mashed peas and roasted potatoes, because who doesn’t love potatoes? Spice up this eggplant schnitzel with Sonoran Spice’s Habanero Grill Seasoning to add intense flavor and mild heat. This dish is one of the most appetizing we’ve made and it looks almost too pretty to eat! The perfect dish for family dinner night or when you have guests come over.
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Sonoran Spice Habanero Grill Seasoning
- 3 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt, Pepper, and Fresh Parsley to taste
- 100 gr Frozen Peas
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4-5 Baby Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic sliced
- Fresh Rosemary, Salt, and Pepper to taste
- 5-6 Cherry Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion roughly chopped
- Fresh Parsley, Salt, and Pepper to taste
- Since the potatoes are going to take the longest to cook, start by boiling them for about 6-7 minutes and then rinsing them in a cold water bath.
- Season the potatoes with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for about 40-50 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, squash them with a fork and put them back in the oven for another 20 minutes to get and extra crispy potato!
- While the potatoes are in the oven, start chopping up all your ingredients for the salsa (you can choose how rough or fine to chop) and mix them all together. Set aside.
- Now boil the peas for about 10 minutes, then mash with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- For the schnitzel, mix the flour, mustard, and vegetable oil together, and mix all the breadcrumb ingredients together as well.
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into ½ inch slices and dip in the flour mix and into the breadcrumb mix until fully covered.
- Fry in a pan with hot oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Top with salsa and fresh lime juice and enjoy!