Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
It’s your favorite spicy appetizer, but inside mac and cheese! Made with cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos and jalapeno powder, it’s hard to get this recipe wrong. Serve it up for dinner and watch it disappear.
Servings 4 People
- 1 1/2 cup Uncooked Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup White Cheddar Cheese or Sharp Cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko or Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Jalapeno Powder
- 1 cup Canned Jalapenos Chopped
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan and add flour.
- Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes stirring constantly to make a roux.
- Gradually add in a milk, whisking until smooth.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, whisking constantly until you reach desired consistency.
- Add in shredded cheddar cheese, and jalapeno powder and stir until the melted and smooth.
- Add drained macaroni to sauce and stir until coated. Stir in jalapenos.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs or panko and broil in the oven for a crispier finish.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 2578mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3407IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 3mg