Spicy Thai Soup
Like your soup extra spicy? This Thai soup base is very creamy and mild, but once you add some scorpion flakes on top you take it to new heights.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 small Sweet Potato
- 940 ml Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 380 ml Can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 100 g Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sonoran Spice Trinidad Scorpion Flakes
- Lightly oil the bottom of a soup pot. Add minced garlic and curry paste and stir until aromatic.
- Add broth and chopped sweet potatoes.
- Cover on low to medium heat until potatoes are soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil water and cook pasta 3 minutes or so then drain and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are tender add the coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Stir and taste and adjust flavoring to your liking (add salt or more sugar, if desired.
- Turn the heat on low and add the noodles and stir.
- Top with red onion, lime, peanuts, cilantro and Scorpion Flakes.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5792IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg