What I really like to have for lunch is a salad and this spicy vegan couscous salad hits the spot every time. But if I don’t have a lunch break that is long enough, I have to prepare it in advance. So, waking up early in the morning or even the night before are perfect opportunities to do a salad in a jar. If you want to have a beautiful and nutritious treat you really need to try this recipe.
The only thing that requires cooking in this one is the couscous – and that’s so easy. Different types of couscous cook differently – so just follow the instructions on the package. Usually, it varies between 2 and 10 minutes. All the other ingredients are fresh and easy to use.
Putting It All Together
Spicy Couscous Salad Jar
For the spicy couscous:
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Habanero Powder
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful lettuce
- 1/4 cup salsa red onions, sesame, and parsley
- 1 hanful arugula bunch
- Cook the couscous following the instructions on the package and then mix it with all the other ingredients to season it.
- Now for the toppings of the spicy couscous:
- Cut the carrots and zucchini into very thin stripes.
- Mix the sweetcorn with the onion, parsley and sesame.
- Put all in a jar as shown on the photos and keep it in the fridge.
Learn More About Habanero Peppers
Want to learn more about the habanero peppers used in this recipe? Check out our ultimate habanero pepper guide by clicking below. Learn where habanero peppers come from, how we grow them, how hot habanero peppers are and much more.