Pizza… when isn’t pizza good? Seriously, there is breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time.
This isn’t a frozen pizza, although those can be tasty, this is like having a flatbread oven at home. I added my favorite toppings, trying to recreate my favorite restaurant. What makes this a firecracker? Adding an extra spicy approach with ghost pepper flakes!
The ghost pepper isn’t the hottest pepper in the world but it ranks at 1,041,427 Scoville Heat Units (SHU). SHU has been the measurement used for peppers and has been used for over 100 years. These peppers have a smoky but sweet flavor, that pairs well with the marinara sauce.
When making your own pizza there are endless options on the type of toppings you can add. I enjoy adding freshly sliced onions, tomato, feta cheese, and jalapeno slices. The crunchy combo of the baked onions and the creamy feta cheese exactly what I look for in a pizza.
- 2 pieces Naan Bread or cooked pizza dough
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 10 slices Pepperoni
- Red Onion Slices
- Grape Tomatoes halved
- Feta Cheese
- Sonoran Spice Ghost Pepper Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread marinara sauce onto each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle ghost pepper powder on top of sauce then add cheese, pepperoni, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it reaches your desired crispiness. Remove from oven and add feta and chopped parsley.
Did you enjoy making this Firecracker Pizza? Let us know in the comments.
Are you looking for ways to add spicy peppers into everyday meals but not sure how? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog, we have recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack time, and desserts!