Tikka masala with a vegan twist! Tikka masala is a creamy and spicy dish that originated from India, and oddly enough, it is also among the most popular dishes in the United Kingdom. This new chickpea tikka masala recipe is for the spicy Indian food lovers. It’s a healthy and delicious alternative to regular chicken tikka masala. In fact, we don’t even think you’ll be able to tell the difference! Vegan curry might be your new favorite dish!
This recipe already has the spice of one whole dried ghost pepper. However, you can always add more if you’re feeling particularly daring! Sonoran Spice’s Ghost Peppers not only brings intense heat, but it also has an amazing taste that will send your taste buds on a journey. Pair it with some fluffy white rice and chow down! Try this spicy new recipe and remember to let us know what you think.
Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala
- 3 cups Cooked Chickpeas canned
- 1 whole White Onion sliced
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 150 ml Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 dried Ghost Pepper
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Start by frying the onions, garlic, and ginger in the vegetable oil.
- After 3 minutes you can add the tomato paste and mix it nicely – let it cook for 1 minute and then add all the dry herbs with the fresh parsley and the Ghost Pepper.
- Let that cook for 1 more minute so the spices can really let their flavor in.
- Now add the tomato sauce and as soon as it starts boiling, which shouldn’t take long, you have to add the chickpeas in.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes and then add the coconut cream.
- After 1 minute it’s done. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Did you like the Ghost Pepper Chickpea Tikka Masala? Let us know in the comments.
Are you looking for other ways to add spicy pepper to your meals? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog, we have ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.