With the winter kicking in, and the streets become colder, it’s good to spend more time at home and eat something warm and of course spicy. Isn’t it amazing how food has the ability to spice things up and you forget about the freezing weather outside? We have prepared for you today a delicious sweet potato soup. This creamy soup will magically make your cheeks blush and your tummy warm and happy. It’s a spicy cream of sweet potato, carrot, and ginger with Sonoran Spice Jalapeno Flakes. You could even pair sweet potato soup with some toasted baguettes to add some crunch. It’s very easy and quick, and maybe even a little nostalgic. Give it a try and tell us what you think!
Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Ginger Soup
- 1/3 Lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 Lb Carrots
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tsp Sonoran Spice Jalapeno Flakes
- 1.5 L Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roughly cut the sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, and ginger.
- Add them to a soup pot with the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the soup boil for 30-40 minutes, until all the vegetables have softened up.
- Blend the soup until smooth.