Extra Spicy Vegan Potato Curry is one of my favorite meals. It’s full of flavor and exotic aromas that make my mouth water as it cooks. This particular potato curry contains turmeric and Sonoran Spice habanero flake. All the flavors in this dish will blow your taste buds away!
Because there are many types of Curry to make, we are with a vegan approach. And for our dish, we are going to use potatoes as a substitute for traditional meats. The coconut milk is what makes it very creamy and comforting.
To spice up our dish we are going to use Sonoran Spice Habanero flakes. These pepper flakes are super hot, so be careful not to add too much. If it gets to be too spicy grab a glass of milk, or a piece of cheese to tame the heat. To give this meal more body try adding quinoa and chickpeas.
This spicy vegan potato curry is great served at lunch as it will give you energy for the whole afternoon! Packed with spices and veggies this meal has many health benefits such as lowering blood pressure, boosting your metabolism, and more.
Spicy Vegan Potato Curry
- In a deep pan start by frying the cooked potatoes with garlic and ginger.
- After 3 minutes add the coconut milk, Habanero Flakes, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, salt, and pepper. As soon as it all starts boiling lower the heat and let it simmer.
- Now add the quinoa with 1 cup of boiling water and cover with the lid.
- Stir it occasionally, every 5 minutes, so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- The quinoa will be cooked in about 25 minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and spinach and let it all cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and enjoy!