Having an extra spicy potato curry is one of my favorite meals. So full of flavor and exotic aromas, this potato and turmeric curry with Sonoran Spice habanero flakes will blow your taste buds away. It’s sweet and spicy, very nutritious and easy to make.
Adding quinoa and chickpeas makes this spicy potato curry recipe even more fulfilling – you will leave the table satisfied. The turmeric gives it an amazing taste and color, and the coconut milk makes it very creamy and glossy.
A very good lunch idea – it gives you energy for the whole afternoon and you can start planning your dinner straight away. The habanero flakes are super hot, so be careful not to overpower your curry with their flavor. They have that very deep sweet taste that will make your brain super happy.
Spicy Vegan Potato Curry
- In a deep pan start by frying the cooked potatoes with the garlic and ginger.
- After 3 minutes add the coconut milk, Habanero Flakes, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, salt and pepper and as soon as it all starts boiling lower the heat and let it simmer.
- Now add the quinoa with 1 cup of boiling water and cover with the lid.
- Stir it occasionally, every 5 minutes, so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- The quinoa will be cooked in about 25 minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and spinach and let it all cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and enjoy!