Why I love this recipe
Beef and Broccoli has become a Chinese American favorite, but Sonoran Spice has added a spicy kick to the traditional recipe! Not only is this recipe quick and convenient but it is budget-friendly, saving me money on my weekly takeout orders!
Trinidad Scorpion pepper comes in the #2 spot for spiciest pepper in the world, with an average rating of 1,200,000 Scoville Heat Units. Due to the extreme heat, it is recommended to handle with caution when cooking, gloves and goggles. This pepper also has many health benefits from increasing endorphins to assisting with digestion!
This Beef and Broccoli is not only easy to make but it has a lot of health benefits. Broccoli itself is high in vitamins and antioxidants. Ginger is also rich in health benefits, fighting infections, and can improve brain function.
This is a great go-to recipe, full of rich flavors and delicious over warm rice!
Spicy Trinidad Scorpion Beef and Broccoli
- Medium mixing bowl
- Medium frying p1an
- Silicone spatula
- 1 box White Rice
- 10 oz Chuck Roast Thinly sliced
- 4 cup Frozen Broccoli Florets Thawed
- 4 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch Sonoran Spice Trinidad Scorpion Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger crushed
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
Cooking the Rice
- Portion out the rice and cook per box instructions
Cooking Beef and Broccoli
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, light brown sugar, sesame oil, Sonoran Spice Trinidad Scorpion Powder, Water, and Corn Starch
- Stir the mixture together until lump-free and well combined.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and ginger to saute for about a minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in thin slices of beef and cook until browned, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, pour the sauce mixture into the saucepan and add broccoli. Toss to coat and reduce the heat to low. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick add small amounts of water until the sauce is the constancy you desire.
- Serve over warm rice.
Buy Sonoran Spice Trinidad Scorpion Powder
Did you enjoy creating this dish? Let us know in the comments below.
Are you looking for ways to add spices into your meals but not sure how? We have recipes for breakfast lunch and dinner, visit the Sonoran Spice Blog for different ideas.