Have you thought about trying a Veggie Burger? They are delicious and full of so many nutritious benefits for your body. Join us in creating this tasty veggie burger, our secret ingredient to make this burger extra special is the Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Powder!
The Carolina Reaper is known as the “Hottest Pepper in the World”, and for good reason. It has a rating of 1,641,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU)! This pepper is not for the faint of heart, just a pinch is enough. Carolina Reaper has a sweet and mildly fruity flavor, great for this veggie burger.
As the name states Veggie Burger, this burger is made of vegetables and topped with, you guessed it more vegetables! To give the burger its texture we are combing sweet potato, quino, and oats. This combo is going to give your burger the density it needs, and lots of fiber.
Now, this burger has many favorites when topping a burger as well as Broccoli Sprouts. One of my favorite things at the moment is broccoli sprouts! These tasty sprouts are full of many cancer-fighting elements.
Spicy Veggie Burger
- 1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 lb Sweet Potato
- 1/3 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Red Onion Slices
- Swiss Cheese slices
- Brioche Hamburger Buns
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half then add to a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until completely soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the insides of each sweet potato and add to a large bowl.
- In a medium pan over low heat add butter until melted. Add onions cook until golden brown, but not burnt. Add onions to the bowl with sweet potatoes, then add quinoa, oats and spices.
- Stir to combine then form patties.
- Heat on the grill or skillet over oil until starting to brown on the top and bottom. Add patties to a bun with mayo, sprouts, cheese, and red onion.
Did you enjoy this tasty burger? Leave us a comment.
Do you want to try adding peppers and spices into your meals but not sure how? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog where we have recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.