Spicy Veggie Burger
No meat, no problem. Season your veggie patties with plenty of spices like cumin and if your brave, the Carolina Reaper. This will send your taste buds to the moon when paired with melted Swiss cheese, mayo and red onion. Yum!
Servings 2 people
- 1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 lb Sweet Potato
- 1/3 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Red Onion Slices
- Swiss Cheese slices
- Brioche Hamburger Buns
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half then add to a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until completely soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the insides of each sweet potato and add to a large bowl.
- In a medium pan over low heat add butter until melted. Add onions cook until golden brown, but not burnt. Add onions to the bowl with sweet potatoes, then add quinoa, oats and spices.
- Stir to combine then form patties.
- Heat on the grill or skillet over oil until starting to brown on the top and bottom. Add patties to a bun with mayo, sprouts, cheese, and red onion.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 118g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 827mg | Potassium: 1528mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 48464IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 6mg