Potato skins anyone? These tater skins are smothered in cheese and topped with bacon bits, fresh chopped green onions, and sour cream. Most importantly, they are dusted with a bit of Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper Powder for just the right amount of spice and flavor! I mean what’s not to love about this recipe? You can’t go wrong with potatoes and bacon!
Cayenne powder is very common, in fact, it is one of the most know peppers in the world. It can be used in various forms such as powdered, flakes, pickled and so many more. Cayenne is probably the best pepper when it comes to heat and flavor profiles. It also has many health benefits to it, as do most peppers!
Potato, taters, spuds…whichever name you recognize them as a beloved side dish. Potatoes can be used in many ways and have quite a few health benefits. Full of fiber and vitamins and can help with digestive health.
Make these tasty tater, I mean Cayenne Pepper Potato Skins at your next gathering, or side dish. You’ll love them, your friends will love them!
Potato Skins with Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry potatoes and piece each one with a fork multiple times.3 Russet Potatoes
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until your can pierce through easily with a knife.
- Cut each potato lengthwise and scoop out the center.3 Russet Potatoes
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan to cover the bottom, and add each potato skin face down until the edges get golden brown.Vegetable Oil
- Remove from pan and season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.1 tsp Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper, 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Pepper
- Add cheese and bacon and place back in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.2 cups Colby Jack Cheese, 4 strips Bacon
- Add a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions.Sour Cream, Green Onions
Did you enjoy these Cayenne Pepper Potato Skins? Let us know in the comments.
Do you want to add more spicy peppers and seasonings into your meals but not sure how? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog where we have recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner! We have other game day snacks, as well as dessert ideas.