Potato Skins with Cayenne Pepper
Here’s a game day classic, the loaded potato skins. Hidden below the cheese is a sprinkling of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper for a zesty kick that makes each bite perfect. Serve with sour cream and green onions on top!
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry potatoes and piece each one with a fork multiple times.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until your can pierce through easily with a knife.
- Cut each potato lengthwise and scoop out the center.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan to cover the bottom, and add each potato skin face down until the edges get golden brown.
- Remove from pan and season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and bacon and place back in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions.
Calories: 1917kcal | Carbohydrates: 125g | Protein: 88g | Fat: 120g | Saturated Fat: 65g | Cholesterol: 309mg | Sodium: 4535mg | Potassium: 3174mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2624IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 1891mg | Iron: 8mg