If you’re trying to ditch meat for a while, or if you’re just trying to eat better, this recipe is great tasting and great for you! Using Sonoran Spice’s Trinidad Scorpion Peppers will give this dish a huge amount of flavor and heat! The texture of these vegan spicy meatballs goes perfectly with the quinoa salad, as well as the creamy tahini sauce. You’ll be doing your stomach and your body right by making this dish.
When making this recipe, remember that the quinoa salad plays a huge factor in flavor, so we recommend making it with veggies that not only have a great crunch but great flavor as well. If you’d like more heat in your “meatballs,” you can always add more peppers! But be careful not to use too many. You still want to be able to taste the food! We hope you enjoy these vegan spicy meatballs just as much as we did. Be sure to let us know what you think!
Spicy Red Lentil “Meatballs”
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 dried Trinidad Scorpion Pepper
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 3/4 cup Water
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsp Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the lentils for about 20-25 minutes, drain and set aside to let them dry as much as possible.1 cup Red Lentils
- In a hot pan cook the carrots, onions, and scorpion pepper for about 5-6 minutes.1/2 Carrot, 1/2 Red Onion, 1 dried Trinidad Scorpion Pepper
- When the lentils have dried to your satisfaction, put them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients, and with the carrots, onions, and scorpion pepper.1 cup Red Lentils, 1 tsp Paprika, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Coriander, 1 dried Trinidad Scorpion Pepper, 1/2 Carrot, 1/2 Red Onion, 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- Blend until smooth.
- Form 6 patties with your hands and roast them in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Boil the quinoa until it absorbs all the water, and leave it covered for about 10 minutes afterward, then remove the lid and fluff with a fork.1/2 cup Quinoa
- In another pan, cook the bell peppers, corn, and frozen peas for about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.2 tbsp Frozen Peas, 2 tbsp Sweet Corn, 2 tbsp Red Bell Pepper, Salt and Pepper
- When they are done cooking, mix with the quinoa.1/2 cup Quinoa, 3/4 cup Water, 2 tbsp Red Bell Pepper, Pinch of Salt
- Tahini Sauce: mix all ingredients in a bowl, season, and serve on top of lentils meatballs.2 tbsp Tahini, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper, 2 tbsp Water