Quesadilla… the first thing I think of is a traditional cheese crisp. I can promise you that this isn’t a traditional cheese crisp. This turkey and cheese quesadilla is packed with veggies, cheese and tasty seasonings!
Quesadillas are known to have originated in Mexico. Easy to make, add any ingredients you desire. This quesadilla is full of veggies and turkey, taking a bit of a healthy approach.
Ground turkey is becoming easier to find at grocery stores. Turkey is a good source of protein and vitamins. Were going to liven up this dish with Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper. Cayenne pepper has a nice medium heat, rating over 50,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU).
Quesadillas are easy to create. You can create a quesadilla for each meal and even used it for deserts. This is so yummy and easy to create you’ll want to make it again and again!
Turkey and Cheese Quesadillas
- 3 large Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 Red Onion Sliced
- Queso Fresco
- In a small bowl stir together cayenne
pepper, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or pan over medium heat, heat oil then add ground turkey.
- Season turkey with spices then add tomatoes. Cook until turkey is browned throughout.
- Fill half of each tortilla with mozzarella cheese then turkey.
- Heat on a skillet seasoned with oil until starting to brown and cheese melts.
- Cut in half and season with red onion, queso fresco and cilantro.
Did you enjoy creating this turkey quesadilla? Leave a comment below.
Are you looking for other ways to create spicy meals? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog for more everyday recipes. We have ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Want something sweet? Try creating these Spicy Cayenne Brownies… they are a sweet and spicy treat you’ll love!