If you’re trying to ditch meat for a while, or if you’re just trying to eat better, this recipe is great tasting and great for you! Using Sonoran Spice’s Trinidad Scorpion Peppers will give this dish a huge amount of flavor and heat! The texture of these meatballs goes perfectly with the quinoa salad, as well as the creamy tahini sauce. You’ll be doing your stomach and your body right by making this dish!
When making this dish, remember that the quinoa salad plays a huge factor in flavor, so we recommend making it with veggies that not only have a great crunch but great flavor as well. If you’d like more heat in your “meatballs,” you can always add more peppers! But be careful not to use too many. You still want to be able to taste the food! We hope you enjoy these Trinidad Scorpion lentil meatballs just as much as we did. Be sure to let us know what you think!
Spicy Red Lentil “Meatballs”
- 200 gr Red Lentils
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 dried Trinidad Scorpion Pepper
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 100 gr Quinoa
- 180 ml Water
- Pinch of Salt
- 30 gr Frozen Peas
- 30 gr Sweet Corn
- 30 gr Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the lentils for about 20-25 minutes, drain and set aside to let them dry as much as possible.
- In a hot pan cook the carrots, onions, and scorpion pepper for about 5-6 minutes.
- When the lentils have dried to your satisfaction, put them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients, and with the carrots, onions, and scorpion pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Form 6 patties with your hands and roast them in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Boil the quinoa until it absorbs all the water, and leave it covered for about 10 minutes afterward, then remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- In another pan, cook the bell peppers, corn, and frozen peas for about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- When they are done cooking, mix with the quinoa.
- Tahini Sauce: mix all ingredients in a bowl, season, and serve on top of lentils meatballs.