Sweet Potato Chickpea Boats
This easy meal uses only a handful of ingredients and is full of amazing flavor. Get your proteins, veggies and greens in one with this spicy chickpea boat topped with a sprinkle of chipotle powder.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- Olive Oil
- Broccoli Sprouts or any sprouts
- 15 oz Can Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Chipotle Powder
- Juice of One Lemon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and place on a greased baking sheet for 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and wash chickpeas and sprinkle them with salt and chipotle powder to taste.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil and add chickpeas until golden in color, about 6-7 minutes. Remove potatoes from the oven.
- Top with sprouts, chickpeas, and sprinkle with lemon juice, ranch dressing or additional spices.
Calories: 6kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 593IU | Iron: 1mg