Some days I am craving something sweet but healthy, this sweet potato chickpea boats is precisely that. I can indulge in this dish but not have the guilt, since its packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Find out to make this yummy dish, and all within 30 minutes!
By baking the Sweet potatoes they will have a crispy outer shell but creamy texture inside and just like its name a sweet flavor. Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and can boost your immune system. The sweet flavor makes a pleasant pair with the mild heat from Sonoran Spice Chipotle Powder.
To give our sweet potato more texture we’ve added chickpeas and broccoli sprouts. Broccoli sprouts are full of vitamin C, which can help prevent you from getting sick. Chickpeas are very filling and can help you control your blood sugar. Overall this email is full of health-boosting ingredients.
Sweet Potato Chickpea Boats
- 2 Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- Olive Oil
- Broccoli Sprouts or any sprouts
- 15 oz Can Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Chipotle Powder
- Juice of One Lemon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and place on a greased baking sheet for 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and wash chickpeas and sprinkle them with salt and chipotle powder to taste.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil and add chickpeas until golden in color, about 6-7 minutes. Remove potatoes from the oven.
- Top with sprouts, chickpeas, and sprinkle with lemon juice, ranch dressing or additional spices.
Did you enjoy creating this Sweet Potato Chickpea Boat? Let us know in the comments below.
Are you looking for other ways to use spicy peppers in your meals but not sure how? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog for our recipes. We have recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack-time, and dessert.