Winter is coming and so is spicy food on our tables. I love eating chilies on a cold day – it keeps you so warm. What I really love is grilled vegetables with some habanero flakes and smashed peas. Such a great combination.
I love using green peas – they are so delicate and flavorful, and so healthy! One serving of frozen peas has more vitamin C than two large apples.
Really nutritious, easy and full of flavor. This meal will satisfy any appetite on a cold winter’s day.
If you are not used to habanero peppers, be sure to go easy on the habanero flakes. They are extremely potent and the last thing you will want to do is over spice this dish.
So, let’s get to the point and talk a bit more about this vegan BBQ. I boiled the green peas for about 10 minutes just enough so they will be easily mashed with a fork. I seasoned them with salt, black pepper, and Sonoran Spice Habanero Flakes. Then I roasted the pumpkin a bit because it takes longer to be cooked and then grilled it with all the other veg for 15 minutes on a griddle pan.
At the end you have nothing else to do but to enjoy the meal!
Spicy Vegan Grilled Vegetables with Smashed Peas Recipe
- 1 Eggplant
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1.5 cups Pumpkin cubed
- 1.5 cups Mushrooms
- 1 Red Onion cubed
- 2 cups Green Peas
- 2 tsp Sonoran Spice Habanero Flakes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt season to taste
- 1 pinch Black Pepper season to taste
- Boil the peas for about 10 minutes, until they become soft and easy to mash with a fork.
- Season them with salt, black pepper, Habanero Flakes and add in some olive oil as well.
- Grill all the other vegetables on a griddle pan. The thing that takes more time to be cooked is the pumpkin.
- You can roast it in the oven first, for about 20-30 minutes, and then grill it.
- All the other things are ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Serve with some chili oil and enjoy!