Spicy Trinidad Scorpion Beef and Broccoli
Beef and Broccoli has become a Chinese American favorite, but Sonoran Spice has added a spicy kick to the traditional recipe! Not only is this recipe quick and convenient but it is budget-friendly, saving me money on my weekly takeout orders! Trinidad Scorpion pepper comes in the #2 spot for spiciest pepper in the world, with an average rating of 1,200,000 Scoville Heat Units, be sure to handle with caution. Trinidad Scorpion also has many health benefits from increasing endorphins to assisting with digestion! This Beef and Broccoli recipe is delicious over warm rice or noodles!
Makes 2 Servings
- 10 oz chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch Sonoran Trinidad Scorpion Powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup water
- Oil for sautéing
- Thumb-sized ginger, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, light brown sugar, sesame oil, Sonoran Trinidad Scorpion Powder, water, and corn starch in a bowl or measuring cup. Stir until the mixture is lump-free and well-combined.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Add in thin slice beef and cook until browned for about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, pour the sauce mixture into the pan and add in broccoli, toss to coat and reduce heat to low, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add more water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Serve with warm white rice or noodles!
Want to find more recipes for Trinidad Scorpion Powder? Click here to visit the Sonoran Spice Company recipe list.