The perfect balance of creamy and crunch! This spicy lentil and mushroom plate contains a thick creamy blend of lentils, mushrooms, herbs. All while being topped with Sonoran Spice”s Cayenne Pepper Powder, spread on a warm toasted baguette. We know cayenne isn’t the world’s hottest pepper, but it still gives a satisfying kick! In fact, Cayenne is filled with so many amazing natural flavors, it will send your taste buds on a journey. Also, the sweetness of the caramelized onions is perfect to even out the spice of the cayenne and accents the mushroom and lentil taste very nicely. This combination of flavors and textures in the spicy lentil and mushroom plate is one of our favorites and it’s soon to be one of yours!
Spicy Lentil and Mushroom Plate
- 200 gr Cooked Green Lentils
- 100 gr Mushrooms
- Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Cayenne Powder
- 1 clove Garlic
- 20 gr Onions
- Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- 20 gr Caramelized Onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook The mushrooms in a hot pan with the olive oil and season with the salt, black pepper, and the fresh thyme.
- Take them off the heat after 5 minutes and add to the blender with the cooked green lentils.
- Add in some olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of Cayenne Powder and blitz until smooth.
- Serve the pate on some toasted baguette and top with caramelized onions and some more of the Cayenne Powder and enjoy!