Who doesn’t love a bowl of ramen noodles? Our childhood “struggle” meal has now gotten fancier and spicier than ever! With the new “spicy ramen” challenges going on, we thought it was only right to make our own. This isn’t going to be as hot as those challenges, but it is going to be tastier.
If you are trying to challenge yourself when learning to cook different things, we recommend making everything from scratch, including the noodles! Homemade noodles can be tricky, but they are so worth it. You will find that since they aren’t dried or frozen, they will cook much faster, so don’t leave them in your broth for too long or else you will be left with a mushy mess! You can also try to make the broth from scratch, which is super easy and simple. For the absolute best broth results, fill the stockpot completely with veggies and/ or bones before filling with water. This ensures that you will get the max amount of flavor possible in your broth. With those easy steps out of the way, you should have the best tasting ramen ever!
One of the biggest reasons we love ramen so much is because you can make it any way you want. You can add different veggies, throw an egg in there, and have any kind of meat you want! Ramen is special because we can all make it our own, and that is exactly what we did here. We used Sonoran Spice Bird’s Eye Chili Flakes to give it an extra kick and adds incredible flavor. We can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Spicy Pepper Paste
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Bird's Eye Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 100 gr Mushrooms
- 100 gr Carrots sliced
- 50 gr Tomatoes chopped
- 20 gr Spring Onion
- 100 gr Rice Noodles
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- Salt, Pepper, and Sesame Seeds to taste
- In a soup pot start by frying the onions and garlic in some vegetable oil.
- After 3 minutes you can add the spicy pepper paste, the chili flakes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and carrots, and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and soy sauce.
- Now add the spring onions and add the vegetable stock.
- As soon as it starts boiling add the noodles and let the ramen simmer for about 10 minutes until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and if you really like it spicy add some more Sonoran Spice Bird’s Eye Chili Flakes.