Are you hosting a party? Going on a picnic? Craving a delicious late-night snack? This recipe is super fun if you like to get creative with your meals, and very simple to make.
When combining the flavor of roasted tomatoes, mashed peas, and Sonoran Spice’s Bird’s Eye Chili Flakes, these toasts won’t let you down with their immense flavor and spice! This dish is so good by itself, you don’t even need to find something to pair it with.
Topped with delicious veggies, packing many health benefits. Peas assist with eye health, and antioxidants to boost your immune system. Jalapenos contain capsaicin, which is what gives peppers their heat. Capsaicin helps boost metabolism, which can assist in weight loss.
This toast is one I enjoy for breakfast, giving me energy for the day ahead. Kids also enjoy this treat and will provide the veggies they need to grow big and strong! Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime to get just the right amount of zest and enjoy!
Mashed Pea and Roasted Tomato Toasts
- 6 Slices of Baguette 200
- gr Frozen Peas
- Lime Juice half a lime
- 15-18 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Sesame Seeds
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Bird's Eye Chili Flakes to taste
- Put the green peas in a saucepot with some water, enough to cover them.
- Season with salt and let them boil for 10 minutes until soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- Meanwhile toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper, bird’s eye chili flakes and the sliced onions and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes, set to 375 F.
- When the peas are ready – take them out and mash them with a fork in bowl and season with the lime juice, salt, pepper and bit of the chili flakes.
- Spread the mushy peas on your toasted slices of bread and top with the roasted cherry tomatoes with onions.
- Sprinkle some freshly cut basil on top and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this tasty toast? Leave us a comment below.
Are you looking for other ways to use super spicy flavors in your meals but unsure how? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog, we have recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.