Potato skins anyone? These perfectly baked potato skins will have you coming back for seconds and probably even thirds! These tater skins are smothered in cheese and topped with bacon bits, fresh chopped green onions, and sour cream. Most importantly, they are dusted with a bit of Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper Powder for just the right amount of spice and flavor! I mean what’s not to love about this recipe? You can’t go wrong with potatoes and bacon!
Cayenne powder is very common, in fact, it is one of the most know peppers in the world. It can be used in various forms such as powdered, flakes, pickled and so many more. Cayenne is probably the best pepper when it comes to heat and flavor profiles. It also has many health benefits to it, as do most peppers!
Potato Skins with Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry potatoes and piece each one with a fork multiple times.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until your can pierce through easily with a knife.
- Cut each potato lengthwise and scoop out the center.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan to cover the bottom, and add each potato skin face down until the edges get golden brown.
- Remove from pan and season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and bacon and place back in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions.