Hummus is one of my favorite snacks. Here in Arizona, it is hot the majority of the time, having a cool snack, that’s good for me is awesome! This Mediterranean hummus plate is full of big flavor, having me do a happy dance.
Did you know chickpeas used to make hummus are really healthy for you? Packed with protein and can help you control blood sugar levels and help curve appetite. Ghost Peppers are extremely hot peppers, that can also have many health benefits. Hot peppers are known to speed up your metabolism.
This tasty treat can be served at parties and get togethers. I like to leave to bottle of Sonoran Spice Ghost Peppers next to the bowl for those of my friends wishing to add more heat! You can add a bag of pita chips or fresh pita’s from the grocery store, you guest will thank you.
Mediterranean Hummus Plate
- 2 cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- 1 can Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans drained
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil for Drizzle Extra Virgin
- Sonoran Spice Ghost Pepper Flakes
- Kalamata and Green Olives
- Feta Cheese
- Grape Tomatoes halved
- Pita Chips
- Add garlic to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Next add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice
salt and paprika. Pulse until creamy then add to a plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle Ghost Pepper on top. Serve with olives, feta, dill, tomatoes and pita chips.
Did you enjoy this tasty mediterranean hummus plate? Leave us a comment below.
Are you looking for other ways to add spicy peppers and seasonings to your meals but not sure how? Visit the Sonoran Spice Blog, we have recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.