Fresh air-popped popcorn makes a tasty snack but just simple butter or popcorn flavoring can get boring over time. If you love spicy food like us, you can turn popcorn into a fiery delight with any of our spicy pepper powders. In this recipe, we’ll our Sonoran Spice Habanero Pepper Powder to add the perfect level of heat. This recipe also adds sweetness with just a teaspoon of brown sugar. Now you have a sweet and spicy treat! Habanero might be on the upper end for people who are not used to super hot peppers. We link below all of our pepper powders, if you are looking for something milder, you can add cayenne, chipotle, serrano, hatch green chile, or jalapeno powder.
Habanero Rosemary Popcorn
- 1 bag Popcorn
- 2 tbsp Butter Melted
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 2 tbsp Rosemary Chopped
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sonoran Spice Habanero Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pop the popcorn per instructions on the bag. Set aside.1 bag Popcorn
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, parmesan cheese, rosemary, brown sugar, and Sonoran Spice Habanero Powder. Mix until well combined.2 tbsp Butter, 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, 2 tbsp Rosemary, 1 tsp Brown Sugar, 1/2 tsp Sonoran Spice Habanero Powder
- Add popcorn into the large bowl, stir until well coated. Top with a pinch of slat and enjoy!1 pinch Salt
There’s something about fresh-popped popcorn, but adding a sweet and spicy topping is next level. If you enjoyed this habanero rosemary popcorn recipe, let us know in the comments. We would love to hear from you!