Are you searching for a spicy but sweet snack? Chocolate-covered fruit is becoming more common. How to make this common snack unforgettable, by adding Ghost Pepper of course!
Now the duo of chocolate and strawberries doesn’t have a very long history. Starting their journey in the 1960s by Lorraine Lorusso.
This snack can actually be healthy for you, in moderation. The fruit itself is full of multiple daily vitamins. Dark Chocolate has its own set of benefits as well, it has been claimed to improve blood flow and lower blood pressure. Ghost Peper contains capsaicin, which is known to boost metabolism.
The ghost pepper is super spicy originating in India, and with 1,041,427 Scoville Heat Units! With a smoky, almost sweet flavor this pepper compliments the dark chocolate. This recipe has Ghost Pepper combined into the chocolate creating a spicy bite each time.
Now we can’t promise it won’t get a bit messy, but this one is worth it! Let us know what you think of this Ghost pepper Dark Chocolate Covered Fruit tray.
Ghost Pepper Dark Chocolate Covered Fruit
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Parchment Paper
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate Chips Melted
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 pinch Sonoran Spice Ghost Pepper Powder
- 10 Strawberries
- 2 Bananas Cut 2-inch pieces
- 1 Granny Smith Apple Sliced
- Mix together melted chocolate, coconut oil, and ghost pepper powder into a bowl until well combined.6 oz Dark Chocolate Chips, 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, 1 pinch Sonoran Spice Ghost Pepper Powder
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Carefully dip each piece of fruit into the chocolate mixture. Place on the lined baking tray.10 Strawberries, 2 Bananas, 1 Granny Smith Apple
- Set chocolate-covered fruit aside for 30 minutes, chocolate will begin to harden.
Did you enjoy creating the Ghost Pepper Dark Chocolate covered Fruit? Not sure how to create other spicy meals? Check out the Sonoran Spice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner recipes using the hottest peppers.