Are you a fan of pasta and meatballs? These spicy, fiery Carolina Reaper meatball subs are a must-try! Our Fire meatball sub is easy to make and can quickly become a staple amongst your favorite meals. Add a side of your favorite potato chips or french fries to add additional texture.
To make these meatballs to be fire hot we are adding Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Powder. When we say add a pinch, that pinch is going to add a ton of heat to your meal! If things get too spicy grab a glass of milk or extra cheese, the dairy will dissolve the Capsian of the pepper.
How Hot are Carolina Reaper Peppers?
The Carolina Reaper is the hottest pepper in the world per the Guinness Book of World Records. With a whopping 1,641,000 Scoville Heat Units, and some individual peppers as high as 2,200,000 SHU. If you love heat and are up to a challenge check out the Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Challenge.
We recommend eating these fiery subs fresh, right out of the oven. This is the best way to enjoy the melted cheese, warm marinara sauce, and crispy bread.
Fire Meatball Sub
- 0.7 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 Pinch Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
For the Sub
- 3 Hamburger Buns Hoagie Rolls
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
Instructions for the Meatballs
- Add all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix well with silicone spatula or clean hands until well-combined.
- Shape mixture into even size meatballs.
- Cook in a heated oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, flip each meatball to get evenly brown.
- Take one and cut in half to see if it’s brown in the middle (not pink!). Remove from heat and set aside.
Instructions for the Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small size pot.
- Cook on medium heat until sauce is boiling, then add in meatballs and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Check if you would like to add additional seasoning before removing from heat.
Assembeling the Sub
- Add 4-5 meatballs on each roll, topped with provolone cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with more Carolina Powder or dry parsley if desired.
Did you enjoy these fire meatball subs? Let us know in the comments below.
Need ideas for other spicy recipes? Visit our blog, we have you covered for meals, snacks, and desserts!
Buy Sonoran Spice Carolina Reaper Powder
Want to learn more about Carolina Reapers? Check out The Ultimate Guide to the Carolina Reaper on our blog.