I’ve always been told breakfast is the most important meal of the day and wanted something new. To change things up I decided to add in the second spiciest pepper in the world, the Trinidad Scorpion. This meal easy to make and is sure to jump-start your day!
Just to compare the Jalapeno that ranks an average of 2,500 and 8,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU). Trinidad Scorpion has an average of 1,200,000 SHU, the second hottest pepper in the world. A pinch of Trinidad Scorpion is really going to kick up your meal. Spicy food can increase your metabolism, and boost your endorphins.
Eggs are generally paired with breakfast, as a side dish, or the main course. Packed with protein and vitamins, eggs, can also lower your cholesterol. I wanted to give this main dish a lot of flavors, and pack it with veggies.
To balance the heat of the Trinidad Scorpion I’ve added sweet bell peppers. If the meal gets too spicy you can add some sour cream on the side. As the second spiciest pepper in the world, it’s important to know some tips on how to reduce pepper burn.
Breakfast Scramble with Trinidad Scorpion Powder
- Frying pan
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
- 1 Pinch Sonoran Spice Trinidad Scorpion Powder
- 1/4 Cup White Mushroom Roughly Sliced
- 1 Avacado Sliced (optional, for side)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 TSP Oil
- Heat oil in a medium-size pan over medium heat. When hot, add onion and bell peppers and sauté until bell peppers are tender and onions are fragrant, for about 3-4 minutes.
- After peppers are tender, add in mushroom and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or until mushrooms are half-cooked, then pour beaten eggs over sautéed vegetables, folding eggs as they cook. When the egg is still runny, add in cheese and season with salt and Sonoran Trinidad Scorpion Powder. Remove from heat, serve with avocado, or any other sides you desired. Enjoy immediately!
Let us know what you think of this spicy scramble in the comments.
Looking for other spicy meals? Visit our blog for breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes.