Need a new game-day snack? I am in love with bacon-wrapped Jalapeno poppers! There is a crunchy salty outer shell. And, inside is a soft, spicy jalapeno stuffed with cayenne cream cheese. I don’t know about you but my mouth is already watering!
Cayenne Pepper is made from smoke-dried Jalapeno’s. Jalapeno peppers are mild in terms of heat, blending the Cayenne pepper with the Jalapeno poppers really spices things up. The cream cheese in the Jalapeno poppers will help tame the heat, dairy can dissolve the capsaicin in the peppers.
My family has come to love this delightful snack, we make these poppers when we watch sports games, movie night or when we BBQ. My pro tip is to bake the peppers open side up, if you bake them with the open side down the cream cheese will melt out. Trust me this makes a giant mess!
This treat is one that will be gone in minutes, if you don’t like to share you’ll want to double up on this recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper with Cayenne Powder
- Baking tray
- Parchment Paper
- Kitchen knife
- Small mixing bowl
- 6 Jalapenos
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 6 strips Bacon Cut in half
- 1 pinch Sonoran Spice Cayenne Pepper Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- While the oven is preheating, cut jalapeno pepper lengthways and remove seeds so you only have an empty shell.
- Combine in the small mixing bowl the cream cheese, cayenne pepper powder.
- Fill each jalapeno with cream cheese, mixture and wrap each pepper in sliced bacon.
- Arrange the peppers on the baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned. Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy the Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers? Let us know in the comments.
Want to add spicy peppers to other meals but not sure how? Check out the Sonoran Spice Blog where we have recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We have other snack ideas and desserts!