This sandwich is finger-licking good! The main character inside is the baba ganoush. That’s a typical Arabic dish that consists of cooked aubergines (eggplant) mixed with tahini and some seasonings. It’s going to knock your socks off!
I grilled my aubergines (eggplant) and then I blended them with tahini, olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some water. That’s how you get that amazing meze – very nutritious and so delicious. It’s pretty similar to the hummus and the only difference is that instead of chickpeas you are using aubergines. The method is the same.
Eggplant has great health benefits, as it is high in minerals and dietary fibers. The Birds Eye Chili is going to add heat to this dish. Not only does it contain great heat but it will help increase your metabolism and digestive system. Learn more about the Bird’s Eye Chili on our blog.
I used the baba ganoush as a spread in my amazing vegan sandwiches with carrots, cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, and Sonoran Spice Bird’s Eye Chili Flakes. Bird’s Eye Chili has a medium heat to it, adding the right amount of heat to this dish.
Try this tasty sandwich for yourself, this recipe is for one sandwich, you might wanna make a double batch!
Baba Ganoush Sandwich
For the Baba Ganoush:
- 5 oz Eggplant
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Tahini 1
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Parsley a bit
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Birds Eye Chili Flakes
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1 pinch Dried Oregano
Ingredients for the filing
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 2-3 Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 slices Bread
- Grill the eggplant.5 oz Eggplant
- Blend the tahini, garlic, olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and water to make a spread.5 oz Eggplant, 1 clove Garlic, 1 tbsp Olive oil, 1 tbsp Tahini, 1 tbsp Lemon juice, 2 tbsp Water, 1 tsp Dried Oregano, 1 tsp Sonoran Spice Birds Eye Chili Flakes, 1 pinch Salt, 1 pinch Pepper, Parsley
- Take 2 slices of bread and use a knife to add the spread.2 slices Bread
- Top the bottom half of the sandwich with slices carrots, cucumbers, and pinch of oregano, sun-dried tomatoes and a pinch of Bird's Eye chile flakes if you want more heat.1 pinch Dried Oregano, 1 Carrot, 1 Cucumber, 2-3 Sun-dried tomatoes
- Add the other slice of bread and enjoy.
Did you enjoy this spicy Baba Ganoush Sandwich? Let us know in the comments below.
Looking for other spicy Bird’s Eye Chili recipes? Try our Spicy Bird’s Eye Ramen Noodles!