Winter is coming and so is spicy food on our tables. I love eating chillies on a cold day – it keeps you so warm.
What I really love is grilled vegetables with some habanero flakes and smashed peas. Such a great combination.
I love using green peas – they are so delicate and flavorful, and so healthy! One serving of frozen peas has more vitamin C than two large apples.
Really nutritious, easy and full of flavor. This meal will satisfy any appetite on a cold winter’s day.
So, let’s get to the point and talk a bit more about this vegan BBQ. I boiled the green peas for about 10 minutes, just enough so they will be easily mashed with a fork. I seasoned them with salt, black pepper and Sonoran Spice Habanero Flakes. Then I roasted the pumpkin a bit, because it takes longer to be cooked and then grilled it with all the other veg for 15 minutes on a griddle pan. At the end you have nothing else to do but to enjoy the meal!
Spicy Vegan Grilled Vegetables with Smashed Peas Recipe
- 1 Eggplant
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1.5 cups Pumpkin cubed
- 1.5 cups Mushrooms
- 1 Red Onion cubed
- 2 cups Green Peas
- 2 tsp Sonoran Spice Habanero Flakes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt season to taste
- 1 pinch Black Pepper season to taste
- Boil the peas for about 10 minutes, until they become soft and easy to mash with a fork.
- Season them with salt, black pepper, Habanero Flakes and add in some olive oil as well.
- Grill all the other vegetables on a griddle pan. The thing that takes more time to be cooked is the pumpkin.
- You can roast it in the oven first, for about 20-30 minutes, and then grill it.
- All the other things are ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Serve with some chili oil and enjoy!